Is it time to upgrade your older air conditioner? If so, AC replacement now instead of later makes sense financially. You’ll also avoid having to make do with whatever you can get if your system dies while summer is underway. Here are some of the classic signs that a Nashville air conditioning system is nearing its end:
- Your utility bills are getting higher every month.
- The system no longer keeps you comfortable.
- The unit is 10-15 years old.
- Your AC has been poorly maintained.
- It needs frequent or expensive AC repairs.
Benefits of a New Air Conditioning Installation
Replacing your cooling system before summer arrives will give you time to shop around for the best possible deal. Here are some other reasons to install AC now:
- You won’t be stuck in a hot house for who knows how long while you try to find an HVAC contractor who isn’t already overbooked.
- You’ll have time to consult with a reputable contractor about dealer specials, manufacturers’ rebates, energy-efficient utility company discounts and financing options.
- A new system will be more energy-efficient, so you’ll save money on utility bills from day one.
- Improved AC technology will give you greater indoor comfort.
Many aging air conditioners call it quits in the middle of a heat wave when they’re stressed to the max. Even normal summer heat can push an aging AC unit over the edge. An air conditioning installation that’s executed before the heat cranks up will ensure that you’re prepared for anything.
A Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Can Save Significantly on Energy Costs
Mini-split air conditioners don’t require ductwork, so they’re a perfect way to keep cool in a historic home. Mini-splits are also an attractive option if you’re replacing a central air conditioner. Here are some benefits of this state-of-the-art cooling technology:
- A mini-split system can be installed for whole-house cooling, or it can be installed to cool just one room.
- You can cool only the rooms you’re using when you’re using them.
- Mini-splits improve indoor air quality using an advanced filtration system.
- These systems are highly energy-efficient. Ductless AC uses 25 to 50 percent less energy than central air conditioners. That translates into significantly lower utility bills.
- Because no ductwork is involved, there’s no loss of heated and cooled air through ductwork cracks and leaks.
- Compared to central AC, ductless AC installation is quick and easy. Mini-splits can usually be installed in one or two days.
When considering an AC upgrade or new installation, be sure to ask your contractor about programmable thermostats and smart controls. When included in a new AC installation, these high-tech thermostats can cut Nashville cooling costs even more. To learn about improving indoor comfort while cutting energy costs, visit Synergy Service.